Monday, October 23, 2017

Sgt. Rock on the Planet of the Apes



I missed War for the Planet of the Apes in the theaters, but I enjoyed the first two installments enough to put an order in for the Blu Ray, so I will be checking it out as soon as it is released.  I have been a fan of the whole franchise since I was a kid.  I can remember watching the TV show, with plenty of Apes merchandise around the house - we had trading cards, lunch boxes, coloring books and action figures, they were pretty big in the 70's. 

8 comments:

AirDave said...

I remember watching the Apes movies after school. Before talk and game shows, most networks ran an afternoon movie around three o'clock. It was either Apes or Kong and Godzilla. Good times... good times...

Anonymous said...

And why shouldn't people have enjoyed it back in the Seventies? The TV spin-off, alone, aired two years after Cornelius and Zira were supposed to have traveled back to our time! Between that, the OPEC Crisis, and the Watergate Scandal (including Ford's still-controversial pardoning of Nixon), it seemed like we were headed for the totalitarian state predicted in CONQUEST OF THE POTA.

Carycomic said...

What the two above said. :-)

Jay Johnson said...

Yes, apes are cool, but nobody could draw flop sweat like Kubert!

Matthew said...

Given the number of POA crossovers in comics with Star Trek, Tarzan, et cetera, I could actually see them doing a crossover with Sgt. Rock!

Bob Buethe said...

Hey, how about Gorilla Grodd on the Planet of the Apes?

Or maybe the POTUS on the POTA?

Glenn said...

Gorilla Grodd was on the Planet of the Apes in a GL/PoA crossover.

I do like the PoA crossovers.

Carycomic said...

Like Julie Schwartz said: "You wanna increase circulation? Put a gorilla on the cover!"

Of course, I could be accidentally paraphrasing.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!