Saturday, March 25, 2017

Animal Man Vs. Godzilla



I watched Kong: Skull Island this week and my quick review is that I thought that the monsters were cool (even if the best action scene is the first one which is never matched) and the humans were almost all completely forgettable.  Still, even though I thought that this film and the new Godzilla could have been a lot better, I am really looking forward to them battling in the big screen, it should be a blast.  We'll get a straight up Godzilla sequel before that, which promises some more of the classic monsters.  I am personally hoping for Rodan and Gamera to make appearances.

8 comments:

Carycomic said...

I'm pretty certain they will, Ross. As for this morning's cover? Awesome, indeed!

John said...

Actually, Godzilla, Rodan, King Ghidorah, etc., are owned by Toho Studios, while Gamera comes from Daiei Film. Two different Studios. The only hope of seeing them together is on this very site!

And yes, this morning's cover is incredibly awesome.

Death By Terror said...

If you stay for the post credits scene on Skull Island there's a pretty big hint about which other kaiju may be turning up in the near future.

Ross said...

Spoil me please, i didn't wait.

Simreeve said...

Do you suppose that Animal Man could copy tiger abilities from Mr Tawny?

Anonymous said...

I'll go one step further and wonder if A-man could absorb lycan abilities from, say, Larry Talbot!

Death By Terror said...

Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidora.

Anonymous said...

When I was ten, I wondered why Gamera never appeared in the same movie with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, or Ghidorah. I thought they were all owned by American-International Pictures. It wasn't until years later that I found out that Godzilla and those others were owned by Toho, Gamera was owned by another studio (Daiei), and AIP was just the American distributor for both series.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!