Friday, January 10, 2014

Plastic Man and The Blonde Phantom



I was looking for a Golden Age character to pair up with Plas and I liked how these two looked together.  You have to appreciate a heroine who will fight crime in heels and an evening gown!  Plastic Man has always been one of the goofiest looking superheroes, but I love the fact that he has never changed his look throughout the decades.  Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen him without his goggles since his first appearance... do they even come off?

6 comments:

AirDave said...

Cool!
Is this the same Blonde Phantom that was in the all-ages Marvel Adventures Spider-Man not too long ago? Or was that a different character? She had the power to make people forget things...

I liked that Plastic Man was in the Justice League. Before DC went event-crazy, there was a four-issue arc by Mark Waid (I think) that separated the heroes from their real identities. I think Plastic Man wore sunglasses, but I'm not sure...come to think of it, I don't think he's ever been seen without shades on...

Carl Cafarelli said...

Plastic Man appeared without his goggles in issue of The Brave & The Bold

Bob Buethe said...

Plas used his Eel O'Brien identity to do undercover work in at least a couple of Golden Age stories, kind of like Batman uses Matches Malone. The story that introduced Woozy Winks comes to mind.

Ben Woods said...

@AirDave I remember that storyline, I think he STILL had his goggles on! Some secret identity, eh?

Anonymous said...

Most people decry the Blonde Phantom as being unrealistic (even for a Golden Ager), as no woman could possibly be that agile in that kind of outfit! To which I rebutt: "Rent a DVD of WOMAN IN THE WINDOW, starring Edward G. Robinson and Joan Bennett. You will _believe_ a woman can be like Huseyn Bolt in such clothing."

Anonymous said...

Plas' outfit did change in another, minor way: in his first appearance, he's wearing short black boots. He ditched them pretty quickly, however.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!