Thursday, January 23, 2014

Alpha Flight and The Justice League of America



Little did I know when I created this cover months back that by the time I posted it, there would be an actual Justice League Canada comic!   Well, they changed the name to Justice League United at the last minute, but I think the team will still be referred to as JLC within the covers. It looks worth checking out - I like writer Jeff LeMire and the cast of Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Stargirl, Hawkman, Animal Man, Supergirl and Adam Strange is an appealing one.  I'm not so sure about the description of the New 52 Adam Strange as more of a science geek than a swashbuckling hero, though - that doesn't sound like the daring character that I loved from my youth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then again, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Ray Palmer, Ryan Choi, and Hank Pym are* all technically "science geeks".

(* or were, thanks to Nu52, darn you DC)

Hearing this, I personally am kinda hoping for something akin to the Young Justice Adam Strange. I really loved the redesign and the character: sciency background, but ready for the daring-do.

-Mea

Ben Woods said...

Well, technically Canada is part of America. North America, even, why should it have to have its own League? LOL

Anonymous said...

I notice Ollie's griping about something, as usual.

Lionel Braithwaite said...

There was a Justice League Canada: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_United

Carycomic said...

@Anonymous: he'll REALLY have something to gripe about when he meets the Hawkman-headed Captain Freedom!*

*A Native Canadian superhero first introduced in the 1980's graphic novel "Atlantis" by Geoffrey Scott and Daniel Bulanadi.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!