Monday, September 9, 2013

John Constantine: Hellblazer and Doctor Strange



I remember being amused that Sting from the band The Police was suddenly a supporting character in during Alan Moore's now classic Swamp Thing run.  Well, not really, but John Constantine was certainly illustrated to look like the famous rocker. I was surprised at how quickly the character became a fan favorite, soon getting his own series and helping to define the whole Vertigo imprint.  Constantine is back to being immersed in the mainstream DCU, which is probably a turnoff to some, but I have to admit I like how he interacts with some of the more mainstream heroes.

6 comments:

GettinJiggly said...

I never read much of Constantine, and to be honest what I know of the character was from the movie. I tried to get into him with Justice League Dark, but I just have a hard time with that comic. Not sure if its writing, or the theme, or what. Therefore I haven't even given his solo comic a shot.

Anonymous said...

how about savage dragon and axe cop. that would make a great buddy cop movie.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

this is the best team up i've seen here in a while nice job.

Bob Greenwade said...

Here's a thought: the Blimp vs. the Blob.

Isaac said...

How about a team up of Gorgon from the Inhumans & Stompa from the Female Furies?

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see some more John Constantine. How about John and Doc Doom?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!