Thursday, January 17, 2013

Killer Croc Vs. The Lizard



The Amazing Spider-Man had a few moments, but for the most part it was a big miss for me.  The origin stuff   felt redundant, but I knew that would be the case going in.  I was really looking forward to seeing the Lizard, and unfortunately that's where the movie really falls apart.  The  look just did not work for me, I really wish they had stuck to the lab coat and jeans from the comics.  Rhys Ifans is a fine actor, but his voice in Lizard form was completely off for the character... he could have at least emphasized the "S" sounds!  And don't get me started on the Lizard's master plan... he wants to transform other people into lizards - and then what?  I can't say I have much confidence that Electro with be any more faithful to the comics in the sequel.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a special announcement from Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

atari force meets omega men i know both dc but i dont think they met

Jessica Wies said...

Ha! they are practically mirror images of each other! Well done and well played! I would like to see more sword & sorcery from heroes you have not used like Amethyst, Arak, Carson of Venus, Elric (would love to see Amethyst paired with Elric) and anyone from Game of Thrones!

-Jessica Wies

Ross said...

Amethyst has a few appearances coming up. I have to admit I have yet to see an episode of Game of Thrones.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cute wordplay there. It almost reads like Erectile Dysfunction. Cute;)

Anonymous said...

Methinks Ross never met a pun he didn't like. :D

Very nice cover. Very dynamic.

I still want to live in a universe where I can buy these. :)

-Mea

Tony Isabella said...

Best...title...ever!

Rick L. Phillips said...

I don't know why I never thought of this but since this book would normally be a joint publication, shouldn't you have the Marvel logo on the books as well?

Ross said...

Rick - On Earth-STF, DC bought the rights to all the characters, so it makes perfect sense.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!