Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Batman and Super Grover



Out of all the Muppet characters on Sesame Street, Grover was far and away my favorite.  He was always funny and I used to love The Monster at the End of this Book.  The fact that Grover would often appear as Super Grover of course put him over the top for me.  When Kermit spun off into The Muppet Show, I think Grover could have easily gone along with him, he would have fit right in with that crowd.  I am glad to see The Muppets getting another shot at the big screen soon, the trailers for the upcoming film look like a lot of fun and it really feels as though the filmmakers are just as big Muppet fans as I am.  In this day of Pixar and CGI created children's characters, it's nice to see some old-school favorites getting some love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a Super Grover bedsheet & pillow case in the '70's. Ahhh, childhood!

John R. Platt said...

Ha! Awesome!

Rick L. Phillips said...

I was too old for Seseme Street but this reminds me of Disney's Super Goofy.

Justin S. Davis said...

Of all your great covers, this may just be my favorite.

Unknown said...

This is so cool! Grover is my favorite Sesame Street Character and Super-Grover made of pure awesome! Cool work!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you need to give us another Super-Grover cover! How about with Superman this time? Or Super-Skrull? Or BOTH???

Ross said...

Super Grover is indeed slated for another appearance.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!