Friday, December 24, 2010

The Thing and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer



Stepping out of the alphabetical listings to present a Seasonal cover. I always was amazed by the Rankin-Bass Christmas Specials when I was a kid, I found the stop motion animation fascinating. Rudolph especially is one I can watch over and over and it never gets old.

Yes, I know that The Thing is Jewish, but that's never stopped him from participating in Christmas or even wearing a Santa suit for Marvel's holiday specials! I am very thankful for all the regular viewers of this blog and I wish each an every one of you a wonderful holiday season, close by the ones you love!

10 comments:

Cathy and Dave said...

Merry, merry Christmas!

Awesome cover for an awesome team-up!

The Thing, Rudolph and Hermy on the Island of Misfit Toys! Awww, yeah!

The Thing - sings!

Then for Hanukkah...The Thing teams up with the Hanukkah armadillo...

Steve Miller said...

Fun stuff! :)

Rick L. Phillips said...

Iloe your blog and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Tommy said...

Hey, awesome blog! If you're at all interested in music, then you can visit mine at http://notesdaily.wordpress.com/

Scott Bryan said...

Great one! Hope you had a good Christmas!

diana green said...

Thanks again for all your great work on these!
I was a bit let down that you didn't use Sheldon Mayer's version of Rudolph, but I'll let you off the hook if you do a Thing/Sugar & Spike team-up. Pretty please?

Ross said...

I do have a team up coming that I am sure you will like along those lines, Diana.

Anonymous said...

Ben Grimm vs. the Abominable Snow Monster of the North!

Now, that's a Christmas Day TV sporting event I'd watch in a "New Yawk" minute.

Carycomic said...

What Anon910 said. :-)

P.S.---anyone else of the opinion that Clarice's disapproving father was the reindeer named Cupid?

Anonymous said...

How about Rudolph and Ben vs. Jack Skellington?

Support STF: The Lost Issues!