Friday, July 16, 2010

Batman and Speed Racer



I only caught the Speed Racer cartoon a couple of times when I was a kid, but the design of the car definitely resonated with me. Also, Racer X looked like a superhero, so that part of course intrigued me. My cousin gave me a few of his Speed Racer comics a couple of years back and I really enjoyed them.

The Speed Racer movie is a very mixed bag. Some of the humor was clearly aimed at a much younger audience than I, and is tough to sit through. The racing sequences, however, are pretty exciting. They are so over the top you just have to go with them and suspend your disbelief. Those scenes look great on a nice big screen. I wonder if the film would have done better at the box office if it had held off for a few years and was released when the big 3D craze hit.

2 comments:

Rick L. Phillips said...

great cover.

Lawrence Lay said...

Team-up between Racer X and Batman would be interesting.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!