Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Batman and Shazam!



Here is one of the very first covers I created. This is the character that I most hoped would team up with Batman back in the day. I saw Jim Aparo's version of Captain Marvel on the covers of World's Finest ans was really hoping I would get to see him illustrate the character for a full story.

I am happy to hear that a Shazam! film is finally in the works. With Geoff Johns serving as consultant, there is hope that it will be faithful to the comics.

4 comments:

Jozeph Dukö said...

I love Shazam, I love Batman, and I love Jim Gordon so this is the ideal issue.

Shazamaholic said...

Great cover. But isn't that a John Byrne drawn Captain Marvel?

How I wish B&B would have featured a Batman-Captain Marvel team up!

Ross said...

Yup, it's Byrne. I later stumbled on an Aparo Captain Marvel cover on The Comic Reader with a figure that would probably have worked. Oh, well!

Shazamaholic said...

Do another Captain Marvel cover...it'll make up for us never getting the real thing!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!