Thursday, July 29, 2010

Batman and The All-New X-Men



I remember my older brother having a copy of Giant-Size X-Men #1 back when we were kids. If we had any idea of how important that issue would become, wed would have kept it in much better condition. Instead, I read and reread it to tatters over the years and I am not sure what ever became of it. Oh well, it was made to be enjoyed and not placed under glass so I have no regrets.
I loved team books and this one was filled with cool characters. I remember being bummed that the Beast didn't have a bigger part, but I loved the redesign on Cyclops' visor and the idea of a living island. Great stuff.

It seems that the X-Men are heading back to the movie screen, this time in the form of a prequel. I am withholding judgement until I learn more, but I do wish they had rebooted instead of stayed in the previous films' continuity. That way we could have seen something a little closer to the comics. Still, it will be nice to finally see an X-movie that isn't Wolverine-centric.

1 comment:

Support STF: The Lost Issues!