Thursday, April 29, 2010

Batman and Hawk & Dove



Yes, I know Hawk and Dove actually appeared in B&B - but that was before the original Dove was killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths and later replaced with Dawn Granger so technically this is a new team. I loved that B&B issue, written by Alan Brennert - it was my first introduction the Hawk & Dove and made me want to seek out more of their appearances. They were victims of the violent age of comics and were eventually corrupted and killed, to my dismay. Fortunately they have both been recently revived and hopefully will be redeemed as well. I am optimistic as they will be appearing as a part of the new Birds of Prey team as written by Gail Simone. She is one of the most dependable writers around these days in my opinion and I look forward to her take on these heroes.

2 comments:

BLESSD1 said...

I'm a Gail Simone fan too. She writes pretty strong female characters and original plotlines. Great job on the cover.

Ross said...

Thanks. Gail also has the ability to give tough guys extra layers without having them lose their edge as her Secret Six shows, so I think we'll see some good Hank Hall moments.

Support STF: The Lost Issues!