Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Batman and Aqualad



I am always happy when I can make a cover that utilizes 100% Jim Aparo images, like this one. Poor Aqualad - he has fallen prey to the curse of the Teen Titans, having had tragedy repeatedly visited upon him. First his long time girlfriend, Tula, was killed in Crisis on Infinite Earths, then years later his wife Dolphin and their baby were killed in the sequel, Infinite Crisis (off panel, adding insult to injury). Now in the latest crossover, Blackest Night, he has been murdered by the Black Lantern Aquaman and was not among the heroes revived at the end of the story. The guy just can't get a break.

6 comments:

Cabin Campbell said...

Another great one, Ross. I was inspired by your site so much I followed suit with one of my own. You can see it at www.myspace.com/cabincampbell look in pictures in the folder "Graphics". Feel free to use it if you like it (just give me credit). Thanks for the cool covers!

Ross said...

Cool Stuff! I've got a Doom Patrol one coming up, too! I like your Hulk vs. X-Men on the best.

BLESSD1 said...

Great job w/the cover! Aqualad is one of those characters who is really likeable, but not popular enough to not be cannon fodder for writers who want to inspire shock and awe, and kill him off. Thanks for giving him a little airtime.

lue lyron said...

The shock and awe makes me pretty sick. Killing Dolphin and her baby is depressing!

Will you start a blog for the lost Marvel Two-in-One? I love the story ideas. I can only imagine how much time goes into these (and how very much that varies from cover to cover!).

Ross said...

I have something in mind for MTIO, but that's down the line. Plenty of B&B goodness to share first!

STUDENTLOANS said...

JIM APARO and DICK GIORDANO, my all time favorites!

Support STF: The Lost Issues!